Project DescriptionComsec is a partner in the EU project on security research. The project is coordinated by the Fraunhofer Institute for Technological Trend Analysis INT.
“Evaluation of critical and emerging technologies for the elaboration of a security research agenda” (ETCETERA) is a project under the Third Call of the EU Security Research Programme (Work Programme 2010). It refers to the subject of SEC 2010.7.0-3 “Critical and emerging technologies for security”.
Requirements of this topic are:
- The identification of technologies, which are necessary for security purposes, particularly those, in which the European industry depends on other regions of the world. Furthermore the goal is to find alternative technical solutions, which make it possible to use and sell European-made security products.
- The purpose of the study is to identify issues within “emerging technologies” (10 to 20 years’ time horizon), which qualify as highly speculative research fields
The study should include the following elements:
- Detailed analyses of various fields of the “emerging technologies”
- Identification of relevant connections for civil security research
- Draft recommendations for future research priorities